Restaurant Ice Maker Repair In El Paso, Socorro, Horizon City, TX, and Surrounding Areas
Restaurant Ice Maker Repair by Chill Pro Solution
Massive commercial and industrial HVAC and refrigeration units work better when repairs are resolved from the beginning, to avoid future expenses and damages. Contact us today for restaurant ice maker repair in El Paso, Socorro, Horizon City, TX, and surrounding areas.
How Does A Commercial Ice Maker Machine Work?
It is necessary to know how the ice maker machine works to understand potential issues with restaurant ice-maker repair and how to take care of it.
The first commercial ice maker machine was first designed in 1845, and since then, the design has undergone many upgrades and changes. The modern ice maker machine has four essential components, just like all AC machines have:
- Expansion device
There is one essential component without which none of this is possible, and it is the refrigerant gas. Refrigerant gas moves around these units in a respective cycle making the cooling process possible.
What Are The Roles Of The Four Components That Play Their Part In The Refrigeration Process?
- Compressor: The refrigerant gas passes through the compressor, and the compressor processes it to transform into a low-temperature and low-pressure liquid.
- Condenser: The next step in the cooling process is the condenser. The condenser’s role is to change the state of the refrigerant liquid into a low-temperature refrigerant gas.
An ice maker machine condenser is a network of metal tubes and heat is eradicated from the refrigerant when the condenser passes through the tubes. In this process, the refrigerant turns into a high-pressure and high-temperature gas.
- Expansion unit: The expansion unit helps transform the high-pressure gas into a low-pressure liquid. As the pressure decreases, the temperature decreases simultaneously.
- Evaporator: It is the component that helps in forming the ice batches. As the refrigerant passes through the evaporator, the heat in the water is taken by the refrigerant. As the heat escapes the water, the water starts to cool down and freeze. Now, the refrigerant has taken all the heat and goes to the compressor to begin the process again.
Restaurant Ice Maker Repair Issues
Most inefficiency problems happen in the refrigeration process. Maintenance is necessary because all the essential refrigeration parts cannot be repaired, and their replacement is expensive.
Here are some problems that you might have to face:
- If your ice maker is not dispensing water or ice, ensure the system has sufficient water flow and pressure. The feeler that pushes the ice to the outer tray is not blocked.
- The ice maker stops producing ice when there is a blockage in the water line. Other issues can be temperature or frozen water lines. Defrost the system and call the restaurant ice maker repair technician if it does not work.
- A leaking ice maker machine indicates damage to the condensate or water lines. Check whether the system is in a level position and if everything is well, call the technician to repair the lines.
- Smelly ice cubes are a sign that your ice maker machine is due for maintenance. Change the filter that causes the issue and schedule a maintenance service every six months.
- Strange noises should not be ignored as they hint toward faulty compressors, electrical issues, or water falling on a defroster heater.
Chill Pro Solutions experts are here to resolve all of your restaurant ice-maker repair issues and help you get your business back on track. Call at (915) 219-1060 to quickly address and resolve the problem.